Thursday, January 24, 2008

We Need to Know the Truth......


I apologize in advance because this is pretty depressing information, however it is information YOU need to know. Please follow this link and read....

The following is fellow writer/blogger/dog maniac Jan's (of Poodle & dog blog) reply to my comment in regards to her story:
"Hi Michelle, I know so well the feeling. They raise $30 million, and get a lot of support from pet owners and celebrities who love their little doggies but don't realize that PETA is against pet ownership, even guide dogs and service dogs, because they think it is demeaning to dogs. Whatever that means. My dogs live better than I do.
Whenever I do a post on PETA, I get a lot of people who didn't know what they are about because the media shows them as animal experts or harmless kooks, but what they do to pets is evil. For example they will release show dogs from their cages so that they can run free--and get hit in traffic. They release animals from sanctuaries and laboratories so they can get killed in the wild. That sort of thing.
Just keep getting the word out and urge your readers not to support PETA or the Humane Society of the United States, but to support their local shelter or their local humane society and to do what they can to make it a no kill shelter.This book, Redemption, has really opened my eyes about what can be done for homeless pets. They don't have to be killed in shelters if the shelter is run right."

No comments: