Saturday, September 30, 2006

Wild Child at the Park.....

Michaelangelo is the quintessential Jack Russell. I have done a bit of reading about his breed, and he really is an incredible dog, definitely capable of doing what his breed was made to do!! HUNT! Michael is quite the hunter, having caught and killed a squirrel in the park we go to (almost) daily! It was quite the experience for me (the first and only one so far!!) and the event cost me $130 in vet billing to get him seen to, since the squirrel bit him a few times under this chin!

Michael and I are starting some Doggie Classes on Monday!! Hopefully, since the girl "training" us has two Jack Russells herself, she will be able to have some extra "Jack" related tips for me and my wild child!!! Today he pulled his leash right out of my hand when I made the mistake to stop and chit chat with a lady who has a beautiful Golden Retriever - to go do his hunting thing - chasing squirrels right up a tree! It was a split second and he was already over at the tree!!! I was on my butt on the sidewalk (I was bending down petting the lady's dog and Michael was looking at the trees, saw a squirrel and flash! he was off before I knew it....pulled me down on my butt on the sidewalk!!!) and then off to chase him down! Anyway! Wish us luck!!!

No comments: